The School Board Legal Liability (SBLL) Program covers former, present and future school board members, administrators, employees and volunteers for any actual or alleged breach of duty, negligent act or error, misstatement, misleading statement or omission with up to $10 million in coverage.
SBLL Program provides:
- Coverage for certain types of sexual harassment* claims
- Up to $500,000 of defense coverage for administrative hearings seeking injunctive and declaratory relief in special education hearings
- Up to $250,000 of defense coverage for administrative hearings seeking injunctive and declaratory relief in employment disputes and redistricting activities
- Up to $250,000 of defense coverage for contractual disputes with suppliers and independent contractors
- Full prior acts coverage is available
- Loss Control Manual that addresses risk management issues in increasingly complex areas, such as special education and employment discrimination
The SBLL program is available to qualified members of the Oklahoma Schools Risk Management Trust.
* Although school districts can look to the SBLL Program for coverage for most types of verbal sexual harassment claims, those claims involving sexual abuse/molestation will fall beyond the scope of the SBLL Program. School districts should contact their general liability carrier for more information regarding coverage for sexual abuse/molestation claims.
The coverage of the SBLL Program is summarized on this web site and is subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions printed in School Board Legal Liability coverage agreement. Refer to the coverage agreement for specifics on coverage and limits.
School Board Legal Liability Coverage Advantages
- Breach of Contract Claims
OSRMT offers defense coverage with a $250,000 limit for disputes with suppliers or independent contractors.
- Special Education Disputes
OSRMT provides defense coverage with a $500,000 limit.
- Employment Administrative Hearings
OSRMT provides defense coverage for these types of hearings with a $250,000 limit.
- Redistricting Disputes
OSRMT provides defense coverage with a $50,000 limit.
- Trial de Novo Coverage
OSRMT includes this coverage.
These coverages may be limited or excluded by your school’s current program or insurance carrier. The OSRMT offers unlimited prior acts coverage at no additional charge. It is not necessary for a school district to purchase an extended reporting endorsement or “tail coverage.”